Kuglof romance

14.7.11 SonjaBajic 0 Comments





Few weekends ago, my friend Claudia visited me for the first time. Story goes: I met her in Oxford in 2002, I visited her in Lausanne in 2009 and she came to visit me this year. We had quite a time and enjoyed those few days on every level: we heard good music, we ate good food and we saw beautiful places. 


Karlovci is one of my favorite places around. There's a famous wine fest in September, but honestly, not just because of that. Transcendental silence of a small town, mountains around and Danube just a few minutes away make it just a perfect place for living if you are asking me... 


+ my good friend from Belgrade comes to Karlovci to buy wine. I would, but still, I am not a huge wine lover. If you are headin' there for a first time buy/try Bermet, the most famous wine sort around. There are many different tasted of bermet, but my favourite is the one from vinarija Živanović
+ visit Danube riverside. There are a few different cafés, but I would sit in the most shabby one with wooden banks and many fishermen around. For a true experience.
+ on the second photo here, is the Kapela Mira where the Treaty of Karlowitz was signed. My favorite useless fact about this topic is that there, for the first time was used round table on some congress... 
+ as Claudia is not a wine admirer she went for a kuglof. My favourite tea time cookie. On linked site (if you use google translate) you can find plenty of different recipes for it. And I will join you for a tea break, definitively!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments: